Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving potluck

Yesterday, the kindergarten class at my daughter's school held a Thanksgiving-style potluck. The parents and grandparents signed up to make various dishes, even a turkey. I tried my hand at my mother-in-law's sausage stuffing recipe, as well as an apple and walnut version.


Sharing a meal is an excellent way to catch up with classmates of your child, and other parents, guardians, and teachers. It was also quite a reminder how much work it is to feed dozens of 3, 4, 5, and 6 year olds! I don't think the adults ate a bite until 30 minutes in, after countless trips for juice boxes, napkins, seconds, and dessert.


Thanksgiving is an awesome reminder to appreciate the people in our lives who make us feel welcome and happy. I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment