Saturday, November 15, 2014

Dress rental made easy

I was familiar with clothing rental websites like Rent the Runway and StitchFix, but had never tried them. In fact, I've heard mixed reviews about Stitch Fix, like that the first shipment was fine, but then the options went way downhill. But when I had a big presentation last week and felt like I had nothing to wear, I figured I'd give it a try. I started using Gwynnie Bee, a site that mails you clothing. It focuses on sizes 10-32, but many reviews of the site say that most of its best clothing falls in the lower to middle of this size range. You can either rent it or if you love it, buy the item at a discount. I received many compliments on the 4 dresses I've received. I have purchased 2 of the dresses so far, and they were both under $50, so it seems pretty affordable. Here is the first one I bought:



and I got this one that I ended up giving my presentation in:



And I didn't purchase it, but really liked this one for date night:



It's $10 to rent clothing for your first month, and goes up after that. Shipping is free both ways via USPS and prepaid envelopes.

I'm wearing the dress below today with knee-high brown boots. It worked well both for giving tours of my daughter's elementary school to prospective parents, and for an afternoon coffee with a friend, and a birthday dinner out with a colleague.


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment