Saturday, November 1, 2014

What is NaBloPoMo?

So, apparently it is National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo. I learned this through Casey, an awesome local mom blogger who blogs daily, even when it's not NaBloPoMo, at LifeWithRoozle. I think she, and blogging daily, are both awesome, but I never felt like I would want to devote the time to that much blogging. But after reading Casey's tips, it seems to be a goal within reach, so I think I'll give it a shot.

You see, my personal goal for this blog, which kicked off in January, was to post 50 times, about 1 per week. As I write today's post, I'm at 31, which means I have a lot of catching up to do. So if I add in the 30 days of NaBloPoMo, then I will have catapulted myself way over this goal. After all, November is only 30 days. I think I can make it. And it will give me a chance to dust off all of those half started drafts in the queue.


This particular writing goal is really important to me, as it's is the last one of my 4 career goals of 2014. I don't want this goal to be the one that kept me from accomplishing them all. I achieved my first two career goals this spring and summer and am about to complete my third on November 13, when I present a talk about work-life balance. My coworkers designed an awesome poster for it.


Plus, I am feeling particularly mute today, as day 2 of my bout of laryngitis passed with no sign of getting my voice back. It's even worse than yesterday, when at least I had a raspy voice in the morning. No sound today. So I am glad to have an extra outlet of communication until I regain my voice. It's amazing how much we rely on speaking. Lu asked me on the way back from picking up my car from the repair shop if we could stop for a breakfast sandwich. I told her no since I could not place an order in a drive-thru. We had food at home and it was partly an excuse, but still, an inconvenience. And I think my neighbor thinks I am rude because I answered her questions about trick or treating by nodding and smiling. I should email her this blog post. At least I can still communicate just fine with my husband. He told me that I don't need sound to convey my opinions to him, and he can understand just what I'm feeling by giving him a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment